Alcohol Related Accidents

According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), 28 people in the United States die in drunk-driving crashes every day.

That equates to one person every 52 minutes. Those numbers don’t reflect all the people injured in drunk-driving crashes. Under the Minnesota Dram Shop Act, if a liquor vendor, such as a bar or restaurant, illegally sells alcohol, they can be held liable for damages arising from that illegal sale. A private homeowner can also be found liable under the theory of social host liability if the homeowner provided alcohol to a minor.

Dram shop and social host claims are complex with strict filing requirements that make it necessary to act quickly. If you or a loved one have been injured by someone that was illegally served alcohol, contact Raboin & Francis immediately to protect your rights. Our clients in dram shop and social host claims are frequently spouses, parents or children impacted by the actions of the person illegally served. The attorneys at Raboin & Francis are experienced attorneys that know the law and how to protect your interests.

Who Is Eligible To File A Claim Under Minnesota’s Dram Shop law?

  • Dram shop claims can be filed by a spouse, child, parent, guardian, employer, or other person that incurs a loss as a result of an illegal sale of alcohol.
  • Minnesota Statute § 340A.801(1) states a spouse, child, parent, guardian, employer, or other person injured in person, property, or means of support, or who incurs other pecuniary loss by an intoxicated person or by the intoxication of another person, has a right of action in the person's own name for all damages sustained against a person who caused the intoxication of that person by illegally selling alcoholic beverages.

Dram shop and social host claims require prompt action. The attorneys at Raboin & Francis have experience in investigating these claims and taking action necessary to protect your rights.

The attorneys at Raboin & Francis are here to help.

If you think you may have a dram shop or social host claim, contact Raboin & Francis for a free initial appointment and case evaluation. We promise you’ll feel a lot better about your legal options after meeting with one of our experienced attorneys.